Happy Valentine’s Day 2021 Wishes, Status, Quotes & Sayings! The origin of Valentine’s Day 2021. Happy Valentine’s Day has its roots in ancient agriculture and human fertility carnival. The Romans celebrated the feast of Lupercalia from February 13 to 15. Lupercalia was a fertility carnival in honor of Lupa.
It was a wolf who was said to have suckled Romulus and Remus. This festival was also dedicated to Faunus. This is the god of agriculture. This was the season to start planting seeds and to hope for a productive year of crops.
The link between the Lupercalia, fertility, and romance is evident in the revels that occurred during the celebrations. The Roman festival involved drunk young men running through the streets naked, women being dirty in animal blood, and the unusual fertility ritual.
Speciously, many women were willing participants, lining up for the festival, believing this would make them luxuriant. Young men also drew the names of women from a jar. The couple would lie together during the festival, to be pregnant.
Who was St. Valentine?
There is not much evidence that comes out of St. Valentine’s life, the stories involve two different saints by the same name is also not officially decided, one of the St. Valentines was martyred and then buried on the Via Flaminia to the north of Rome. Archaeologists have uncovered a Roman underground cemetery and an ancient church dedicated to St. Valentine.
According to the legend, Emperor Claudius II prohibited soldiers from marriage. However, Valentine disobeyed the orders, and a secretly married young girl spare her husband from war. Valentine was imprisoned, tortured, and killed. According to another legend, St. Valentine signed a letter “from your Valentine” to his jailer’s daughter, whom he had befriended and healed from blindness.
In 1969, the Roman Catholic Church detached St. Valentine from the General Roman Calendar because of the lack of trustworthy information about him.
Valentine’s Day Week 2021
However, the church still recognizes St. Valentine as a saint. He is the Patron Saint of engaged couples, beekeepers, happy marriages, love, lovers, and young people
The more romantic way of Valentine’s Day was also celebrated in the Middle Ages when it was thought that birds paired couples in mid-February. Chaucer and Shakespeare idealized this day of love in their work, and it gained popularity throughout Britain and the rest of Europe.
Valentine’s Day Wishes For Family:
- “As my Mom…as a friend…as a Valentine…you’re the best…”
- “Thanks for all you do that makes my life happier which is a lot…”
- “Dad, I hope you’re feeling really loved today. You are…”
- “Have fun on Valentine’s Day Quotes, and don’t eat too much candy…”
- “Hope your day is filled with reminders of how much you’re loved…”
- “I don’t care what anyone says about you. I’m still sending you this valentine and claiming you as family…”
- “Valentine’s Day 2021 is all about love, and Mom, there is no one better than you at spreading God’s love wherever you go…”
- “Eating a little chocolate cake in your honor. It’s not as good as yours, but it still brings back good memories of Happy Valentine’s Day 2021 growing up…”
- “You make me laugh. You make me think. You make me really glad we’re sisters…”
Happy Valentine’s Day Quotes 2021:
- “My heart is all yours…”
- “Thanks for being you and for being mine…”
- “I love all the adventures we have together…”
- “Wish you were here for me to spoil today Happy Valentine’s Day …”
- “Wishing the sweetest, happiest day to my forever Happy Valentine’s Day 2021…”
- “Tonight is all ours. I can’t wait to celebrate with you…”
- “You take my breath away. Always…”
- “You have no idea how sexy you are..”
- “I couldn’t ask for a more wonderful [husband] than you…”
- “This will definitely be a kids-in-bed-early kind of night. XOXOXO…”
- “God is good. I know because he gave me you to love…”
- “I’m so excited to be sharing our first Valentine’s Day 2021 together. I hope it’s the first of many…”
- “Especially today, I hope you feel how much I love you and how grateful I am to have you in my life….”
Happy Valentine’s Day Wishes For Friends:
- “Hope he spoils you. You deserve it…”
- “Someday, our princes will come…”
- “Hope your day brings just what you want it to…”
- “I’ll raise an awesome Valentine’s cocktail for you.”
- “Thanks for being the loyal and caring [friend] you are. Love you…”
- “Here’s to Valentine’s Day filled with good wine, good food, and especially good friends like you…”
- “Happy Valentine’s 2021 to one of my favorite people. Ever…”
- “Valentine’s Day and every day, I’m grateful for you…”
- “Wish we could be together swapping chocolates and laughing over candy hearts like we used to…”
- “I hope you feel loved and appreciated on Valentine’s Day 2021. Because you are…”
- My infinite love will always be yours forever! I love you for life..
- What would my life be if I didn’t have your love, only your presence makes my heart Happy Valentine’s Day 2021? I love you…
- To love is to be able to read the thoughts of the other without saying a word, just understand what you need and be Valentine’s Day 2021 Wishes…
- Live 6:00 PM Holy Mass – Feast Exaltation Holy Cross, 14 September 2020, Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross! September 14, 2020
- National Croissant Day 2021- Croissant Day 2021 Wishes, Status, Quotes & Sayings January 30, 2021
- Jackie Robinson Day 2021- 15th April, Wishes, Status, Messages & Quotes January 28, 2021
- Happy New Year 2021 Messages For Wife December 29, 2020