Holocaust Memorial Day 2021 Quotes, History, Date, Event & Resources! Today is 27 January marks the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau, the largest Nazi death camp. Every year on that day Holocaust Memorial Day 2021. In the words of the Holocaust Memorial Day Trust, Holocaust Memorial Day encourages remembrance in a world scarred by genocide.
The trust promotes and supports Holocaust Memorial Day HMD – the international day on 27 January to remember the six million Jews murdered during the Holocaust, alongside the millions of other people killed under Nazi persecution and in subsequent genocides in Cambodia, Rwanda, Bosnia, and Darfur. Unite backs Holocaust Memorial Day 2021 find out more about what you can do to mark Holocaust Memorial Day.
When is Holocaust Memorial Day 2021?
Holocaust Memorial Day takes place each year on the 27 January, which is the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau, the largest Nazi death camp.
What is Holocaust Memorial Day?
HMD takes place to remember the six million Jews murdered during the Holocaust, alongside the millions of other people killed under Nazi Persecution and in genocides that followed in Cambodia, Rwanda, Bosnia, and Darfur.
What is the theme for HMD 2021?
This year’s theme is ‘Be the light in the darkness’. It encourages everyone to reflect on the depths humanity can sink to, but also the ways individuals and communities resisted that darkness to ‘be the light’ before, during, and after the genocide.
Holocaust Memorial Day Quotes:
- For the dead and the living, we must bear witness…” ~Elie Wiesel
- “I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented…” ~Wiesel
- “The Holocaust is not only a tragedy of the Jewish people, but it is also a failure of humanity as a whole…” ~Moshe Katsav
- “Survival is a privilege which entails obligations. I am forever asking myself what I can do for those who have not survived…” ~Simon Wiesenthal
- “Monsters exist, but they are too few in number to be truly dangerous. More dangerous are the common men, the functionaries ready to believe and to act without asking questions…” ~Primo Levi
- “Six million of our people live on in our hearts. We are their eyes that remember. We are their voice that cries out. The dreadful scenes flow from their dead eyes to our open ones. And those scenes will be remembered exactly as they happened…” ~Shimon Peres
- “For the survivor death is not the problem. Death was an everyday occurrence. We learned to live with death. The problem is to adjust to life, to living. You must teach us about living…” ~Wiesel
- “It’s a wonder I haven’t abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical. Yet I cling to them because I still believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart…” ~Anne Frank
- “Thou shalt not be a victim, though shalt not be a perpetrator, but above all, though shall not be a bystander…” ~ Yehuda Bauer
- “Fiction cannot recite the numbing numbers, but it can be that witness, that memory. A storyteller can attempt to tell the human tale, can make a galaxy out of the chaos, can point to the fact that some people survived even as most people died. And can remind us that the swallows still sing around the smokestacks…” ~Jane Yolen
- Eid SMS Bangla & English 2021 & Top 74+ Uncommon Eid SMS 2021 December 13, 2020
- Happy Ash Wednesday 2020, Happy Ash Wednesday, Poem, Quotes, Greetings & Wishes! February 26, 2020
- Happy Rosh Hashanah 2021: Wishes, Quotes, Status, Sayings & Greetings December 22, 2020
- Merry Christmas 2020 Messages, Wishes, Text, Saying & Greeting! December 25, 2020